Saturday, January 24, 2009

Use of blogs in higher education


In my view, teachers can use blogging for various purposes.


1. They can post assignments, syllabus, new announcements for students etc. this would enable the students to respond quickly.


2. In my experience as the incharge students' affairs in my country, i had to communicate with the presidents of many students' clubs. I used to find it very difficult to announce any event, discuss any matter or communicate with these presidents and secrateries and would call them all the time and then they would come to my office, which was the great wastage of money and time.Now i think i would be able to use blogs as the plateform for all such functions. it is a big relief from all those headaches, i used to have.


3.Another big advantage of blog is that it provides a kind of discussion forum to students and teachers.Through this forum the students can teach eachother and can share various ideas and useful links.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Saima,
    I like your idea of posting announcement and communicating with various clubs through blogs. Indeed, blog will definitely save a lot of money and time. But I am thinking, more and more people using blogs to communicate with each other, face to face communication will be graduately decreased. I hope it will not be eliminated one day.
    Yang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siama,
    I'm glad to know that blogs will help you be more efficient in your work.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saima,
    I think that using blogs to post announcements and communicating is a wonderful tool. I don't think that society will ever leave behind face to face communication because we need that human connection always. Sandy

    ReplyDelete